Fish and Chips with a Twist25 Sep 2018
Spice up and old classic recipe!
Our Morrocan Fish and Chips takes this classic to the next level!
Try it at home today, thanks to Australian Woman’s Weekly!
Prep & cook time 1 hour. Serves 4.
¾ cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice 6 cloves garlic, quartered 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
1kg (2 pounds) kumara (orange sweet potato), cut into thick wedges
One cup (70g) stale breadcrumbs
2 x tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
4 x 200g (6½-ounce) firm white fish fillets
¼ cup loosely packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, extra
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Oil 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish
- Blend or process coriander, 2 tablespoons of the oil, juice, garlic and spices until smooth
- Combine spice paste, stock and kumara in prepared dish. Roast 20 minutes
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, rind and remaining oil in a small bowl; season. Press mixture onto fish
- Remove dish from oven. Place fish on top of kumara; roast, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until kumara is golden and fish is just cooked through. Stand 5 minutes before sprinkling with extra coriander. Serve with lemon cheeks, if you like
Serving suggestion Serve with a cucumber and coriander (cilantro) salad.
Tip: You can use any firm white fish fillet you like. Blue- eye trevalla or thick snapper fillets would work well.
Find all your produce at Woolworths Armidale.